An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ATT qualified (or above) tax professional to join the charity Tax Help for Older People based in Salway Ash (just outside Bridport in Dorset). You will play a key part in our work providing tax help and advice to older and low income clients, as well as being the go-to tax expert for staff in dealing with often out-of-the-ordinary problems.
Salary - £30-33,000 (pro-rata) | Closing date: 21 January 2019 (09:00)
As part of the management team, you will deal with clients on a daily basis as well and use your expertise to develop and deliver training, write and produce technical tax information booklets, guides and training notes, and be responsible for the tax content on our website.
This is a highly variable role that we think you'll find both interesting and challenging. The ability to work as part of the advice team as well as being a self-starter is key. The role also includes occasional travel to London for meetings with HMRC and other stakeholders, so it needs a flexible approach to working.
The charity is at an exciting time in its development as it looks to put in place new IT. We're currently reviewing our advice and volunteering models, so we would need you to be adaptable and flexible in your approach, and acceptable of change. Obviously, we want you to be motivated and proactive.
The proposed working hours for this role are 9am-5pm, and we'd like you to commit to working four or five days a week. The salary would be somewhere between £30,000 and £33,000 a year, dependent on experience and on how many days you work.
The overall purpose of this role is to provide technical tax support and training along with front-line client advice. Your other responsibilities include writing technical information that we publish as part of educational resources in booklets, articles or on this website.
- Provide technical support to staff advisers and volunteers
- Provide a training programme for staff and volunteers, including induction training and planning and ongoing CPD - write, deliver and measure the effectiveness of training interventions
- Write technical material to include booklets, guides, educational resources for projects aimed at both clients and VCS organisations
- Respond to calls into the helpline, determining eligibility for help and deciding on the best method of providing any tax advice - this may result in a combination of phone, written, email and/or a face-to-face appointment - liaising with other tax advisers as necessary to meet the criteria, including the appointment team, volunteers and HMRC
- Be an active member of the Advice Management Team, with the responsibility to provide a comprehensive service to those in need
- Confer with colleagues at TaxAid on updating website content and be responsible for the tax elements of the Tax Help website to keep it accurate, up-to-date and written in a format that is easy for users to understand
- Manage a team of tax advisers on a day-to-day basis including individual training, coaching and staff appraisals
- Work with the Casework and Helpline Managers to deliver a high-quality cost-effective client service
- Manage the relationship with HMRC, and attend meetings with HMRC and other key partners in respect of tax
- Professional qualification in tax either ATT or CTA
- An experienced user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- A clear voice and reassuring telephone manner
- An ability to present training and communicate with a diverse audience
- Able to work unsupervised and use own initiative, and sometimes under pressure
- Able to empathise with (and be non-judgmental) when dealing with clients
- An interest in charitable work and working with vulnerable people
If you are interested this role, please email email@example.com for a full job description and specification. To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org